Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Potter? Yes please...




So obviously my lovely readers you all know I love Harry Potter (have I mentioned my HP set visit? A few hundred times you say? Never...) which meant I needed to be Beta User for Pottermore. Now I've no clue what a Beta User is or does but damn it by grabthar's hammer I was going to get my golden ticket.

It wasn't off to the best of starts when Day 1 I found myself "down the country" with no internet and one bar of coverage on my phone. I hear the first clue via my friend Crazy Mary (bigger Potterhead than me!) How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign? Even Mary T didn't know the answer which was (after a quick google) 5 (Multiply this number by 49 and you get 245) it turns out she's magical. Something we'd always guessed to be honest with you So Day 1 Mary T is in and I'm glad for her. If only one super fan I know gets in I'm happy.










Day 2 rolls around and I've lost the plot (all the fresh air). It turns out I would not be happy if just one super fan I know gets in. After reverting to a teenage version of myself and throwing a strop I'd wrangled some internet. It only worked if I stand very still in one spot of the house but I could tweet. The hash tag Pottermore was now my BFF. August 1st I managed to stay hopefully awake at my computer until 4am reading The Chamber of Secrets before passing out. I'd made plans with Mary T who was using her superior HP Knowledge and faster internet connection to help her less fortunate pottermoreless pals so when I awoke at 8am without a number of missed calls or texts I knew the clue hadn't been posted yet. I had literally turned on my sleeping computer and managed to get the blinkin' internet working when TA DA the clue was posted. What is the number of the chapter in which Professor McGonagall cancels the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff? OMG I know that! 14 erm multiplying that by 42 is actually hard when sleep deprived. So 588? Huzzah.



I am Centaurwing78 thanks to Mary T who helped when my internet speed couldn't hack the race to get on Pottermore. I AM MAGICAL! WOW! I love my Username and I can't wait to be sorted, buy my wand and pick my OWL Subjects! Also, how sneaky is JK? Pottermore is making me do math! Refreshing www.pottermore.com is now replaced with refreshing gmail.

The next 5 days I casually figure out the clue and help the less hardcore join Pottermore. It goes as follows...

Day 3 In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry’s third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch? 60 x 35 = 2100.

Day 4 How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry’s fourth year? 4 x 28 = 112.

Day 5 What is the house number of the Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? 12 x 21 = 252.

Day 6 How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince? 30 x 14 = 420

Day 7 How many Deathly Hallows are there? 3 x 7 = 21. My boyfriend Chris figured this out by myself and joins up. I find myself thankful I'm not dating a Muggle and now rather scared I might be Slytherin.

Oh and I hear the answers were all multiples of seven! It's a magic number!

So I'm just waiting on my Owl now... I'll keep you posted...

No comments: